All Known Implementing Classes:
public interface IInformationControlExtension5
Extension interface for
- to test the visibility of the control,
- to test whether another control is a child of the information control,
- to compute size constraints based on the information control's main font and
- to return a control creator for an enriched version of this information control.
Important: Enriching this information control only works properly if
IInformationControl.isFocusControl() is implemented like this (
is the control's shell):
return fShell.getDisplay().getActiveShell() == fShell
should install listeners for
on the shell and forward events to the focus listeners. Clients are
encouraged to subclass
, which does this
- Tests whether the given control is this information control
or a child of this information control.
control - the control to test
true iff the given control is this information control
or a child of this information control
true iff the information control is currently visible
Point computeSizeConstraints(int widthInChars,
- Computes the width- and height constraints of the information control in
pixels, based on the given width and height in characters. Implementors
should use the main font of the information control to do the
characters-to-pixels conversion. This is typically the
widthInChars - the width constraint in number of characters
heightInChars - the height constraint in number of characters
- a point with width and height in pixels, or
to use the subject control's font to calculate the size
- Returns the rich information control creator for this information control.
The returned information control creator is used to create an enriched version of this
information control, e.g. when the mouse is moved into this control and it needs to be
or when it needs to be made sticky for other reasons.
The returned information control creator must create information controls
IInformationControlExtension2.setInput(Object) accepts all inputs that are
also supported by this information control.
Note that automatic enriching of this information control works only if it also implements
This method may be called frequently, so implementors should ensure it returns quickly,
e.g. by caching the returned creator.
- the information presenter control creator or
null to disable enriching
Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs.
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2008. All rights reserved.