All Known Implementing Classes:
public interface ISourceProvider
A provider of notifications for when a change has occurred to a particular
type of source. These providers can be given to the appropriate service, and
this service will then re-evaluate the appropriate pieces of its internal
state in response to these changes.
It is recommended that clients subclass
instead, as this provides some common support for listeners.
- Adds a listener to this source provider. This listener will be notified
whenever the corresponding source changes.
listener - The listener to add; must not be
- Allows the source provider an opportunity to clean up resources (e.g.,
listeners) before being released. This method should be called by the
creator after the source provider has been removed from all the services
with which it was registered.
- Returns the current state of the sources tracked by this provider. This
is used to provide a view of the world if the event loop is busy and
things are some state has already changed.
For use with core expressions, this map should contain
IEvaluationContext#UNDEFINED_VARIABLE for properties which
are only sometimes available.
- A map of variable names (
String) to variable
Object). This may be empty, and may be
- Returns the names of those sources provided by this class. This is used
by clients of source providers to determine which source providers they
- An array of source names. This value should never be
null or empty.
- Removes a listener from this source provider. This listener will be
notified whenever the corresponding source changes.
listener - The listener to remove; must not be
Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs.
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2008. All rights reserved.