public class RefactoringSessionDescriptor
Descriptor object of a refactoring session.
Refactoring session descriptors encapsulate a series of refactoring
descriptors. They are used to represent chunks of the global workspace
refactoring history or refactoring scripts created by the user.
Refactoring session descriptors contain the following information:
- an optional comment string, which provides a full human-readable
description of the refactoring session. Comments are automatically generated
by refactorings and provide more refactoring-specific information, such as
which elements have participated in which refactorings.
- a list of refactoring descriptors describing the refactorings executed
during a refactoring session. The refactoring list is sorted in ascending
order by the execution time of the refactorings.
- a version tag describing version information of the refactoring session
descriptor format. The version tag is used to provide a means of schema
evolution on the refactoring framework level. Clients which would like to
version their refactoring descriptors are required to implement this in their
specific subclasses of
Refactoring session descriptors are potentially heavy weight objects which
should not be held on to. Use refactoring descriptor proxies
RefactoringDescriptorProxy to present refactoring descriptors in the
user interface or otherwise manipulate refactoring histories. More details
about a particular refactoring session can be revealed in the comment, which
contains more text with refactoring-specific information.
All time stamps are measured as the milliseconds since January 1, 1970,
Note: this class is not indented to be subclassed outside the refactoring
- This class is not intended to be subclassed by clients.
Methods inherited from class java.lang.
public static final
- The version constant for v1.0 (value: 1.0)
Constant Field Values
- Creates a new refactoring session descriptor.
descriptors - the refactoring descriptors in executed order, or the empty
version - the non-empty version tag, one of the
comment - the comment of the refactoring session, or
for no comment
- Returns the comment.
- the comment, or the empty string
- Returns the refactoring descriptors.
- the array of refactoring descriptors in executed order, or the
- Returns the version tag.
- the version tag
Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs.
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2008. All rights reserved.