Updating software using the Available Updates wizard
The Available Updates wizard shows you what updates are available for your software.
This wizard is shown if you click the automatic updates notification popup, or if you
Help > Check for Updates
command. To update your system:
- Review the list of upgrades shown in the wizard. If you do not wish to accept all
of the proposed updates, you may check and uncheck different items in the list.
- Click Next to see the detailed list of items that will be upgraded. Expanding
each item will show what additional items (if any) will be upgraded as part of the update.
- If the selected items have license agreements to be reviewed, you must click Next.
Carefully review the license agreements for the upgraded items. If the
terms of all these licenses are acceptable, check "I accept the terms
in the license agreements." Do not proceed to download the software if
the license terms are not acceptable.
- If the license agreements are acceptable, or if the selected items did not have
license agreements to review, click Finish. This will begin the download and
installation of the updated software.
Some of the items may be digitally signed by the company that provides them.
This allows you to verify more easily that the features and plug-ins
that are about to be downloaded and installed are coming from a trusted supplier. You
may be prompted to verify digitally signed content once the signature is
Warning: Because of the possibility of harmful or even malicious software,
you should only download software from parties that you trust.
- Once all of the software is downloaded successfully and the necessary
files installed into the product on the local computer, you will be prompted
to restart for the Workbench. Click Yes
when asked to exit and restart the Workbench for the changes to take effect.
Scheduling automatic updates
Installing new software
Reverting to a saved configuration