All Known Implementing Classes:
public interface ITextViewerExtension
Extension interface for
This extension interface replaces the event consumer mechanism (
with a set of methods that allow to manage a sequence of
VerifyKeyListenerobjects. It also adds
- access to the control of this viewer
- marked region support as in emacs
- control of the viewer's redraw behavior by introducing
- access to the viewer's rewrite target.
A rewrite target (
an facade offering the necessary methods to manipulate a document that is the
input document of a text viewer.
- Inserts the verify key listener at the beginning of the viewer's list of
verify key listeners. If the listener is already registered with the
viewer this call moves the listener to the beginning of the list.
listener - the listener to be inserted
- Appends a verify key listener to the viewer's list of verify key
listeners. If the listener is already registered with the viewer this
call moves the listener to the end of the list.
listener - the listener to be added
- Removes the verify key listener from the viewer's list of verify key listeners.
If the listener is not registered with this viewer, this call has no effect.
listener - the listener to be removed
- Returns the control of this viewer.
- the control of this viewer
void setMark(int offset)
- Sets a mark at the given offset or clears the mark if the specified
-1. If a mark is set and the selection is
empty, cut and copy actions performed on this text viewer work on the
region described by the positions of the mark and the cursor.
offset - the offset of the mark
- Returns the position of the mark,
-1 if the mark is not set.
- the position of the mark or
-1 if no mark is set
void setRedraw(boolean redraw)
- Enables/disables the redrawing of this text viewer. This temporarily
disconnects the viewer from its underlying
StyledTextwidget. While being
disconnected only the viewer's selection may be changed using
setSelectedRange. Any direct manipulation of the widget
as well as calls to methods that change the viewer's presentation state
(such as enabling the segmented view) are not allowed. When redrawing is
disabled the viewer does not send out any selection or view port change
notification. When redrawing is enabled again, a selection change
notification is sent out for the selected range and this range is
revealed causing a view port changed notification.
true to enable redrawing,
- Returns the viewer's rewrite target.
- the viewer's rewrite target
Guidelines for using Eclipse APIs.
Copyright (c) Eclipse contributors and others 2000, 2008. All rights reserved.