In this section, you will evaluate expressions in the context of your
running Java program.
- Debug junit.samples.VectorTest.java to the breakpoint in the
setUp() method and select Step Over twice to populate
fFull. (See the
Debugging your Programs section for full
- Open the Display view by selecting Window > Show View > Display
and type the following line in the view:
- Select the text you just typed, and from its context menu, select Display.
(You can also choose Display Result of Evaluating Selected Text () from
the Display view toolbar.)
- The expression is evaluated and the result is displayed in the Display
- On a new line in the Display view, type the following line:
- Select this line, and select Inspect from the context
menu. (You can also choose Inspect Result of Evaluating
Selected Text () from the Display view toolbar.)
- A lightweight window opens with the value of the evaluated expression.
Displaying the result of evaluating anexpression
Inspecting the result of evaluating anexpression