Testing the analysis engine
Once you have created both the analysis engine and the log analyzer, you can test your analysis engine in the Log and Trace Analyzer.
- From the Plug-in Development perspective, select the Run icon from the menu and select Run... from the list.
- In the Run dialog, double-click on Eclipse Application in the Configurations pane. A new workbench configuration is created with details displayed in
the right pane.
- Click Run. A new workbench is launched with your plug-in enabled.
- In the new workbench, switch to the Profiling and Logging perspective.
- Optional: If your analysis engine uses a catalog that needs to be imported into the workspace, ensure that it is properly imported using the File
> Import > Symptom catalog option from the menu.
- From the menu select File > Import.
- In the Import wizard, select Log File and click Next.
- On the Log Files page, click Add to add a log file.
- In the Add Log File window, select the log file that you want to analyzer from the Selected log file list.
- Specify a value for the log file location.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish to import the log file. The log file will be loaded in the Log Navigator view.
- Right-click on the log file, and from the menu, select Open with > Log view. The log records of the log file are loaded in to the log
- In the Log view, select one of the log records, right-click and select Analyzer > your log analyzer. Verify that the correct results
are displayed in the Log view under the Analysis Result pane.
Creating an analysis engine
Implementing an analysis engine
Implementing a log analyzer