Using the Preferences page, you can direct the workbench
to use a specific runtime environment of an application server for compiling,
testing, or running your application.
A server runtime environment
is composed of
the following definitions:
- a name to identify the server runtime environment
- the type of server that specifies the vendor and version-level of the
- the directory path to a local installation of the server
- in some cases, also includes a reference to a Java runtime environment
If a server runtime environment is referencing a stub directory of the
server, you can only compile your application against the stub server. However,
if referencing a full installation of the server, you can compile, test, and
run your application against the installation of the server.
a server runtime environment, complete the following steps:
To change the list of available target
servers, click Window > Preferences > Server > Runtime Environments to
go to the Server Runtime Environments section of the Preferences dialog. Use
the Add, Edit, Remove or Search options to change
the list of target servers as needed.
To change the
target server for a module:
- Right-click on the module in the Project Explorer view and click Properties
> Project Facets. The Project Facets page opens.
- Select the Runtimes tab.
- Under the Runtimes table, select the target servers for the module.