and publishing tools provides runtime environments where you can test JSP
files, servlets, HTML files,
and Java™ classes.
You can use the workbench to test and publish resources
from the following types of projects:
- Dynamic Web projects, which typically contain JSP files, HTML files, servlets,
- Static Web projects, which typically contain HTML files and graphic files
- Enterprise Applications projects, which may contain Java Archive
(JAR) files or Web Archive (WAR) files or both, and pointers to other Web
or EJB projects
- EJB projects, which contain enterprise beans
- Application client projects
After testing your application locally, you can use the
tools to publish the application.
server tools use servers to test and publish your projects.
Servers are definitions that identify where you want to test your projects.
You can either have the development environment create the servers automatically
for you, or you can create them using a wizard.