Filtered item selection dialog
is a powerful dialog for displaying a set
of items to be selected by the user. This dialog is used as the basis of the "Open Resource"
and "Open Type" dialogs in the Eclipse SDK. You can create your own subclass of this
dialog to quickly implement a similar dialog for your domain objects. Some of the
dialog's key features include:
- Support for multiple selections
- Details field that shows information about the selected element
- Uses JFace viewers, content and label providers
- Background population, filtering, sorting, and refreshing of the item list
- History of previously selected elements persisted across invocations
- Supports for regular expression pattern matching and camel-case matching.
Filtering is implemented using
For examples illustrating how to create you own custom implementations of this dialog,
see the following: