Navigate to a Java element's declaration
In this section, you will learn how to open a type in the Java Editor and
how to navigate to related types and members.
- Open the Open Type dialog by pressing Ctrl+Shift+T, choosing
Navigate > Open Type..., or clicking the toolbar icon
Type Money, press the Arrow Down key a few times to select
MoneyTest, and then press Enter to open the type in the Java editor.
- On the first line of the MoneyTest class declaration, select the
superclass TestCase and either
- from the menu bar select Navigate > Open Declaration or
- press F3.
The TestCase class opens in the editor area and is also represented in
the Outline view.
Note: This command also works on methods and fields.
- With the TestCase.java editor open and the class declaration
- from the menu bar select Navigate > Open Type Hierarchy or
- press F4.
The Hierarchy view opens with the TestCase class displayed.
Note: You can also open editors on types and methods in the Hierarchy view.
Opening an editor for a selected element
Type Hierarchy View