Obtaining Keys and Certificates
At the pkg.sun.com site, you can obtain the keys and certificates needed to
access packages at the various repositories. After you obtain keys and certificates, the
site also provides a history of the keys and certificates that you have
How to Obtain Keys and Certificates
- Obtain your Sun ID and password for access to pkg.sun.com.
You obtain your Sun ID and password by registering at pkg.sun.com.
- At the pkg.sun.com site, log in.
The Certificate Requests page is displayed with two repositories: pkg.opensolaris.org/release and pkg.sun.com/opensolaris/support.
- Choose the repository that contains the packages you need.
For the /support repository, you must have a support contract. You will be
asked to type your contract ID.
- Save the key and certificate on your file system for safekeeping.
- Create the directory where you will place the key and certificate.
$ pfexec mkdir path_to_dir
path_to_dir specifies the name of the new directory and the location. In the
following example, the new directory is /cred.
$ pfexec mkdir /var/pkg/cred
- Save the key to the directory
$ pfexec mv key_file path_to_dir
Specifies the file that contains the key.
Specifies the location of the key file.
In this example, the key_file is the name of the file and the
path to the file is /var/pkg/cred/sun_com_key.
$ pfexec mv key_file /var/pkg/cred/sun_com_key
- Save the certificate to the directory.
$ pfexec mv cert_file path_to_dir
Specifies the file that contains the certificate.
Specifies the location of the cert_file.
In this example, cert_file is the name of the certification file and /sun_com_cert
is the directory where the file is located.
$ pfexec mv cert_file /var/pkg/cred/sun_com_cert
You now can associate your key and certificate with a repository.