Printing in black and white on a color printer
You may wish to print documents in black and white on a color printer, to save expensive color ink or toner. Common uses are for drafts or documents to be photocopied in black and white. Several choices are available.
To print the current document in black and white or grayscale:
- Click File > Print to open the
Print dialog box.
- Click Properties to open the properties dialog box for the printer. The available choices vary from one printer to another, but you should find an option for Color. See your printer's help or user manual for more information.
- The choices for color may include black and white or grayscale. Choose one of these. Grayscale is best if you have any graphics in the document. Click OK to confirm your choice and return to the Print dialog box, then click OK again to print the document.
To set up OOo to print all color text and graphics as grayscale:
- Click Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Print to display the dialog box shown in
Selecting default print options.
- Select the Convert colors to grayscale checkbox. Click OK to save the change.
To set up OOo Writer to print all color text as black, and all graphics as grayscale:
- Click Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org Writer > Print.
- Under Contents, select the Print black checkbox. Click OK to save the change.