Inserting a field
To insert a field in a slide, move the cursor where the field will be and then select from the menu bar Insert > Fields followed by one of these choices:
- Date (fixed): inserts the date at time of inserting the field.
- Date (variable): upon loading the file, the field is updated and contains the date at the time of opening the file.
- Time (fixed): a field displaying the time of insertion.
- Time (Variable): a field which is updated at time of opening the file.
- Author: The author of the presentation. This information is derived from the value recorded in the general options. To modify this information go to Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org section then select User Data.
- Page number: inserts the page number of the slide.
- File name: a field with the name of the file.
By default, the fields are displayed with a gray background. To remove the shading, go to View in the menu bar and deselect Field Shading; alternatively, press Control+F8.