Using the Navigator
- Open the OpenOffice.org Calc spreadsheet in which the external data is to be inserted (target document).
- Open the document from which the external data is to be taken (source document). Choose Web Page Query (OpenOffice.org Calc) as the file type.
Opening a file using the Web Page Query filter
- In the target document, open the Navigator.
- At the bottom of the Navigator, select the source document. (In the example below, the source is named actives.) The Navigator now shows the range names or the tables contained in the source document (the example contains range names; other documents have a list of tables). Click on the + next to Range names to display the list.
- In the Navigator, select the Insert as Link drag mode, as shown below.
Selecting a data range in a source document, to be inserted as a link
- Select the required range or table and drag it from the Navigator into the target document, to the cell where you want the upper left-hand cell of the data range to be.
- In the target document, check the Navigator. Instead of a + by Range names, it shows a + by Linked areas. Click the + to see the same range name.
Linked areas in target spreadsheet