Adding a new software site
There are several different ways to add a software site to the list of sites that
are used when browsing available software and checking for updates. You must
know the Web Site location (URL) of the site that you want to add. To add the site, use
one of the following procedures:
Install/Update > Available Software Sites
Drag and drop the site URL from a browser into one
of the following locations:
- Click the Add... button.
- Type a name into the Name text box.
- If the software site is located on the web, type the Web Site location (URL)
of the site into the Location text box. You may also paste or drag and drop a
URL from a web browser into this text box.
- If the software site is in your local file system (including a CD), click
Local... to specify the directory location of the site.
- If the software site is in your local file system but is packaged
as a jar or zip file, click Archive... to specify the name
of the file.
On some platforms, you may be able to drag and drop a local directory
or archive file from the file system into the same locations.
- The Work With combo box or the software list on the first page of the
Install New Software wizard.
- The Available Software Sites preference page.
- The Location text field in the Add Site... dialog.
Installing new software
Working with the Available Software sites