Working with another user
Instructions were given explaining how to create a project and
commit it to the repository. First a repository location was specified.
Next the project was shared with that location and the HEAD branch and
the resources were added then committed.
The repository currently contains the project and the two files
that were committed (file1.txt and file2.txt).
It's time to find that co-worker (let's call him Fred) to work
through some steps with you (for the remainder your name is Jane). This
section will demonstrate how two
people can work on the same project and simultaneously commit changes
to the repository. Specifically, the following actions will be taken:
- Fred will import the project to his Workbench
- Fred will make changes to file1.txt and file2.txt.
- You will update these new changes and also add a new file called
- Fred will make more changes to some files while you change the
same files. Fred will release his changes first.
- You will have to resolve the conflicts between files that you
Here is some terminology commonly used to describe changes:
||Changes that are in the
repository, which you have not yet updated to.
||Changes that you are
||Both you and the
repository have modifications to the same resource.