To create a section:
- Place the cursor at the point in your document where you want to insert the new section. Or, select the text that you want to place in the new section.
- From the main menu, choose Insert > Section. The Insert Section dialog box opens.
- Click the Section tab, if it is not already displayed. (See
Using the Section page.)
The Insert Section dialog box has five tabbed pages:
- Use the Section page to set the section's attributes.
- Use the Columns page to format the section into columns.
- Use the Indents page to set indents in the right and left margins of the section.
- Use the Background page to add color or a graphic to the section's background.
- Use the Footnotes/Endnotes page to customize the section's footnotes and endnotes.
At any time, you can reset a tabbed page to its default settings by clicking the Reset button. (Note, however, that you cannot reset the Section page. If you wish to undo changes to the Section page, you must do so manually.)