An alphabetical index is not the only type of index that you can build with Writer. Other types of indexes supplied with Writer include those for illustrations, tables, and objects, and you can even create a user-defined index. For example, you might want an index containing only the scientific names of species mentioned in the text, and a separate index containing only the common names of species.
To create other indexes:
- Place the cursor where you want the index created.
- Select Insert > Indexes and tables > Indexes and tables from the menu bar.
- On the Insert Index/Table dialog box, in the Type dropdown list, select the index wanted.
- Modify the various pages, which are very similar to those discussed in previous sections.
- Select OK when everything has been set.
Creating other types of indexes.