The status bar, positioned at the bottom of the Impress window, contains information that you may find useful when working on a presentation.
From left to right, you will find:
- A general information area, which changes depending on the selection: For example:
- Text area—”TextEdit: Paragraph x, Row y, Column z”
- Charts, spreadsheets—”Embedded object (OLE) ‘ObjectName’ selected”
- Graphics—”Bitmap with transparency selected”
- The position of the cursor or of the top left corner of the selection measured from the top left corner of the slide.
- The width and height of the selection or of the text box where the cursor is.
- The zoom level of the workarea.
- A modified flag, showing a star when the file needs saving.
- A flag indicating if the document is digitally signed.
- The slide number currently displayed in the workarea.
- The slide master associated to the slide currently in the workarea.
|| Right-clicking on the slide master area of the Status bar you can quickly apply a different slide master to the current slide.
In case you do not need the information in the Status Bar you can hide it by selecting View > Status Bar from the main menu.