For color fills, select one from the list on the Area page.
On the Colors page, you can modify existing colors or create your own.
Every color is specified by a combination of the three primary colors (Red, Green and Blue), hence the notation RGB. To create a new color:
- Enter the name for the color in the Name box.
- Specify the red, green and blue component on a 0 to 255 scale. Alternatively specify the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and black (K) components, from 0% to 100%.
- Click the Add button. The color is now added to the list on the Area page.
To modify a color:
- Select the color to modify from the list.
- Enter the new values that define the color (if necessary change the settings from RGB to CMYK or viceversa).
- Modify the name as required.
- Click the Modify button.
Alternatively, use the Edit button (this will open a new dialog), modify the color components as required and click OK to exit the dialog.
|| You can also add custom colors using Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Colors. This method makes the color available to all components of OOo, whereas colors created using Format > Area > Colors are only available for Impress.