Rotating a picture
Calc does not provide a tool for rotating a picture, but you can use this workaround:
- Open a new Draw or Impress document.
- Insert the image you want to rotate.
- Select the image, then in the Drawing toolbar (shown by default at the bottom of the window in Impress and Draw), select the Rotate icon
- Rotate the image as desired. Use the red handles at the corners of the picture and move the mouse in the direction you wish to rotate. By default the picture rotates around its center (indicated by a black crosshair), but you can change the pivot point by moving the black crosshair to the desired rotation center.
- Select the rotated picture by pressing Ctrl+A, then copy the image to the clipboard with Ctrl+C.
- Finish by going back to the Calc document, place the cursor where the image is to be inserted, and press Ctrl+V.
|| To restrict the rotation angle to multiples of 15 degrees keep the Shift key pressed while rotating the image.