Xen is an open-source para-virtualizing virtual machine monitor
(VMM), or ``hypervisor'', for the x86 processor architecture. Xen can
securely execute multiple virtual machines on a single physical system
with close-to-native performance. Xen facilitates enterprise-grade
- Virtual machines with performance close to native hardware.
- Live migration of running virtual machines between physical hosts.
- Up to 32 virtual CPUs per guest virtual machine, with VCPU hotplug.
- x86/32, x86/32 with PAE, and x86/64 platform support.
- Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) for unmodified guest operating systems (including Microsoft Windows).
- Excellent hardware support (supports almost all Linux device