30.8.2 Outline Motion Commands
Outline mode provides special motion commands that move backward and
forward to heading lines.
- C-c C-n
- Move point to the next visible heading line
- C-c C-p
- Move point to the previous visible heading line
- C-c C-f
- Move point to the next visible heading line at the same level
as the one point is on (
- C-c C-b
- Move point to the previous visible heading line at the same level
- C-c C-u
- Move point up to a lower-level (more inclusive) visible heading line
C-c C-n (
outline-next-visible-heading) moves down to the next
heading line. C-c C-p (
similarly backward. Both accept numeric arguments as repeat counts. The
names emphasize that invisible headings are skipped, but this is not really
a special feature. All editing commands that look for lines ignore the
invisible lines automatically.
More powerful motion commands understand the level structure of headings.
C-c C-f (
C-c C-b (
outline-backward-same-level) move from one
heading line to another visible heading at the same depth in
the outline. C-c C-u (
backward to another heading that is less deeply nested.