39.1.2 Beginning or End of Week, Month or Year
A week (or month, or year) is not just a quantity of days; we think of
weeks (months, years) as starting on particular dates. So Calendar mode
provides commands to move to the beginning or end of a week, month or
- Move point to start of week (
- Move point to end of week (
- Move point to start of month (
- Move point to end of month (
- Move point to start of year (
- Move point to end of year (
These commands also take numeric arguments as repeat counts, with the
repeat count indicating how many weeks, months, or years to move
backward or forward.
By default, weeks begin on Sunday. To make them begin on Monday
instead, set the variable
calendar-week-start-day to 1.