Previous:sdiff Option Summary
Groups of common lines, with a blank gutter, are copied from the first
file to the output. After each group of differing lines,
% and pauses, waiting for one of the following
commands. Follow each command with <RET>.
- Discard both versions.
Invoke a text editor on an empty temporary file,
then copy the resulting file to the output.
- Concatenate the two versions, edit the result in a temporary file,
then copy the edited result to the output.
eb, except precede each version with a header that
shows what file and lines the version came from.
- Edit a copy of the left version, then copy the result to the output.
- Edit a copy of the right version, then copy the result to the output.
- Copy the left version to the output.
- Copy the right version to the output.
- Silently copy common lines.
- Verbosely copy common lines. This is the default.
The text editor invoked is specified by the
variable if it is set. The default is system-dependent.