What happens when a JSF Facet is installed?
When a JSF Facet is installed, the following occurs:
- The user specified JSF Libraries are added to the build
classpath if they are not deployed or, they are added as J2EE Module
Dependencies which allows them to be added to the build classpath and
deployed at module publish time
- The project's Web Deployment Descriptor (web.xml) is updated
ensuring that the Faces Servlet is present along with the user's
- Faces Servlet Name
- Faces Servlet URL Mappings
- Context Params for application configuration file
- An empty Faces configuration file using the name and location
specified by the user is created. If a file with that name already
exists at that location, this step is skipped.
The project should have the JSF implementation JAR files in its
classpath. This can be configured by selecting the library type,"User Library" or if
the user has chosen a runtime adapter that is capable of supplying the
JSF implementation libraries, the library configuration can be disabled
by selecting the type, "Disable Library Configuration".
What happens when a JSF Facetis un-installed?