Set Discovery Options
For most make projects, you will want to parse the output of
the build to populate your paths and symbols tables.
To populate your tables:
- Right-click on a project and select Properties.
- Expand C/C++ Build and select Discovery options.
- Select the Automate discovery of paths and symbols option so that it is enabled.
- For the scanner configuration on the Discovery Options page of the C/C++ Properties window, you have the following options:
There are various discovery profiles available on a Per project basis - all discovered paths and symbols are associated with the project; all files use this information.
- Enable generate scanner info command
- Enables the retrieval of information from the scanner.
For both profiles, there is an option to discover paths and symbols
based on a previous builds' output. To activate the discovery, click Browse to select a
build log file, and then click the Load
Converting CDT 1.x Projects
C/C++ ProjectProperties, Discovery Options