Recorder Control View
Recorders are controlled and monitored in the Recorder Control view.
Open the Recorder Control view:
- Select Window > Show View > Other... from the file menu.
- Select Test > Recorder Control.
- Click OK to open the Recorder Control view.
The view contains a toolbar and status pane:
The toolbar contains the following buttons to control recorders:
New Test From Recording
New Test From Recording wizard to launch a recorder to create the new recording and create a new test from the new recording. In addition, a test can be created from an existing recording with the wizard.
Stops the launched recorder.
The status pane contains the following information to monitor the launched recorder:
- Kilobytes of data recorded by the recorder.
- Status of the recorder. For example, Initializing..., Recording, or Stopped.
- Status messages emitted by the recorder. For example, Recording started, Recording completed, and Test generation completed.
Individual status messages can be selected and copied (right-click the selected status message and select Copy). In addition, all of the status messages
can be selected (right-click a status message and select Select All) and copied (right-click a status message and select Copy).
Creating a test from a recording