Use this page to specify special effects applied to the text. Choose between four options in the list and where applicable the direction of the effect picking one of the four arrow buttons to the right. The available effects are:
- Blink: the text will blink on the screen.
- Scroll through: the text will move into the shape and then out following the chosen direction.
- Scroll back and forth: the text will not exit the shape border and move first in the chosen direction.
- Scroll in: the text will scroll in towards the given direction starting from the edge of the shape.
By default no animation is applied.
The other properties that can be set are:
- Start inside checkbox: when set the animation will start from inside the shape.
- Text visible when editing checkbox: set this box to see the text while editing.
- Animation cycles: includes three further options to set the frequency of the animation, the increments between two positions of the animation and finally the delay before the animation starts.
To see some of the animations in action, it is necessary to start the presentation. Press F9 or select Slide Show > Slide Show from the main menu. To return to the edit mode, press Esc.