Options for printing
Impress provides many options for printing a presentation: with multiple slides on one page, with a single slide per page, with notes, as an outline, with date and time, with page name, and more.
For more control over printing a presentation, choose File > Print to display the Print dialog.
The Print dialog.
On the Print dialog, you can choose:
- Which printer to use (if more than one are installed on your system) and the properties of the printer—for example, orientation (portrait or landscape), which paper tray to use, and what paper size to print on. The properties available depend on the selected printer; consult the printer’s Selecting default print options documentation for details.
- What content to print: slides, notes, handouts, or outline.
- Slides prints one slide per page, full page, in landscape.
- Handouts prints the slides in reduced size on the page, from a single slide up to six slides per page. You can choose how many slides to print per page, and whether to print them horizontally (landscape orientation) or vertically (portrait orientation) on the page.
- Notes prints a single slide per page with any notes entered for that slide in Notes View.
- Outline prints the title and headings of each slide in outline format.
- What slides to print, how many copies to print, and in what order to print them.
- Pages prints the slide numbers you list in the box. Use hyphens to indicate ranges and commas or semicolons to separate ranges; for example: 1, 5, 11-14, 34-40.
- Selection prints selected objects. This choice is available only when you have selected one or more objects on a slide (in Normal view).
- What items to print. Click the Options button to display the
Printer Options dialog.