With Fontwork you can create graphical text art objects for making your work more attractive. There are many different settings for text art objects (line, area, position, size, and more), so you have a large choice. You will surely find one that fits your document.
Fontwork is available with each component of OOo, but you will notice small differences in the way that each component displays it.
The Fontwork toolbars
You can use two different toolbars for creating and editing a Fontwork object.
- Go to View > Toolbars > Fontwork.
The floating Fontwork toolbar
- If you click on an existing Fontwork object, the Formatting toolbar changes to display the Fontwork options as shown in
Using the Formatting toolbar. The contents of this toolbar vary depending on the OOo component with which it is being used.
Creating a Fontwork object
- On the Drawing or Fontwork toolbar, click the Fontwork Gallery icon
. If the Drawing toolbar is not visible, go to View > Toolbars > Drawing to display it.
- In the Fontwork Gallery dialog, select a Fontwork style, then click OK. The Fontwork object will appear in your document. Notice the blue squares around the edge (indicating that the object is selected) and the yellow dot; these are discussed in
Moving and resizing Fontwork objects.
The Fontwork Gallery
- Double-click the object to edit the Fontwork text. Type your own text in place of the black Fontwork text that appears over the object.
Editing Fontwork text
- Click anywhere in a free space or press Esc to apply your changes.