The Menu bar is located across the top of the screen, just below the Title bar. When you choose one of the menus, a submenu drops down to show other options.
- File contains commands that apply to the entire document such as Open, Save, and Export as PDF.
- Edit contains commands for editing the document such as Undo and Find & Replace.
- View contains commands for controlling the display of the document such as Zoom and Web Layout.
- Insert contains commands for inserting elements into your document such as Header, Footer, and Picture.
- Format contains commands, such as Styles and Formatting and AutoFormat, for formatting the layout of your document.
- Table shows all commands to insert and edit a table in a text document.
- Tools contains functions such as Spellcheck, Customize, and Options.
- Window contains commands for the display window.
- Help contains links to the Help file, What’s This help, and information about the version of OpenOffice.org you have installed.