Adding objects to the Gallery
You may wish to add to the Gallery any images that you use frequently, for example, a company logo. You can then very easily insert these graphics into a document later. You can add images only to “My Theme” or to any other theme that you have created; these are indicated by a green icon in the list of themes. You cannot add images to the built-in themes, indicated by an icon of another color.
Method 1 (selecting a file):
- In the theme’s Properties, on the Files page, click the Find Files button. The Select path dialog opens.
- You can enter the path for the file’s directory in the Path text box, or you can navigate to locate the file’s directory. Use the File type drop-down list to help limit the search.
- Click the Select button to start the search.
- A list of graphic files is then displayed in the window. You can use the File type filter again to further limit the search.
- Select the files to add. To select more than one file, hold the Control key down while you click on each file.
- Finally, click Add.
Method 2 (drag and drop):
- Open the document containing an image you want to add to the Gallery, and display the Gallery theme to which you want to add it.
- Position the mouse pointer above the image, without clicking.
- If the mouse pointer changes to a hand symbol, the image refers to a hyperlink. In this case, press the Alt key while you click the image, to select it without activating the link. If the mouse pointer does not change to a hand symbol, you can simply click the image to select it.
- Once the image is selected, evident from the green selection handles around it, release the mouse button. Click again on the image, keeping the mouse button pressed for more than two seconds. Without releasing the mouse button, drag the image into the document.
- Release the mouse button.