Web tools features
The integrated Web development environment makes it easy to cooperatively
create, assemble, publish, deploy and maintain dynamic, interactive Web applications.
The Web development environment provides the following high-level capabilities:
- Dynamic Web project creation, using the Java EE-defined hierarchy, or
a static version that reduces project overhead when dynamic elements are not
required. Static Web projects can later be converted to dynamic Web projects.
- Creation and editing of a Web application deployment descriptor (web.xml)
- JSP and HTML file creation, validation, editing, and debugging
- An extensible view, called the Snippets view, which allows users to catalog
and JSP markup, along with files and custom tags, that can be embedded in
- Dynamic tag help (content assist) , which displays tag usage and attribute
in the Source page. (You invoke Content Assist by pressing (Ctrl+Spacebar)
- Cascading style sheet (CSS) editing support
- HTTP/FTP import
- FTP export (simple resource copy) to a server
- WAR file import, export, and validation
- Servlet creation, which employs the Servlet Wizard to create new servlets.