The Snippets view lets you catalog and organize reusable programming
files and custom JSP tags.
The Snippets view can be extended based on additional objects that you
define and include. To view or collapse the objects in a specific drawer,
click the drawer name.
The Snippets view has the following features:
- Drag-and-drop to various source editing pages: You can drag items from
the view into the active editor and the text will be dropped into the document
at the cursor location
- Double-click support: You can double-click on an item and have it inserted
at the current cursor position in the active editor
- User-defined drawers and items: You can define, edit, and remove items
from view drawers as desired.
- Plug-in-defined drawers and items: Plug-in developers can contribute a
default list of items to their own drawers.
- Variables in insertions: By default, items will be edited using a dialog
and, when inserted, you will be prompted for values for each of the variables.
- Customization: You can select which drawers and items are shown in the
- Custom insertion: Plug-in developers can customize the behavior of items
so that when they are dropped during a drag-and-drop action, both the text
that is inserted and the insertion location are strictly defined.