Installing the examples
Installing examples via the Update Manager
The Mobile Tools for Java SDK examples are found on the Eclipse
project update site or on the MTJ project update
site. To locate and install them into a product:
- Open the main update manager by clicking > Install New Software.... This opens the Install Wizard.
- Select the Galileo site.
- Type "Mobile Tools for Java Examples" in the search
- Select "Mobile Tools for Java Examples" and click Next.
- Review the items being installed, and click Next.
- Review and accept the license terms, and click Finish.
- Click Yes when asked to exit and restart the workbench
for the changes to take effect. The examples are now installed in the
workbench. Note: you can also click on Apply Now to dynamically
install the examples into the current configuration.
Installing examples manually
To install the examples from a stand-alone zip file:
- Download the appropriate Mobile Tools for Java Examples zip
file from the Mobile Tools for Java project web site at https://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/download/downloads.php.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a new empty directory
inside the dropins directory of your Eclipse installation.
- Start or restart Eclipse.