Deploying JET Transformations
Once a JET transformation is complete, it can be shared with other users. There are a number of possibilities:
- Share the JET Project via a Team environment
Export the JET Project to a "Deployable JAR", and place it in a common file system location, and have
others reference that location in the Preferences dialog (Preference category JET Transformations.
- Use the
extension point to share an exported JET Project via a standard Eclipse plug-in.
- Include the JET Project in an Eclipse Feature. (JET Projects are Eclipse plug-ins.)
The latter two options require some knowledge of the Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment (PDE).
Exporting a JET Project a Deployable JAR
Creating deployable JET transformations makes use of the Eclipse PDE Deployable plug-ins export wizard:
- Right-click over the JET project, and choose Export....
- Select Plug-in Development -> Deployable plug-ins and fragments, and click Next.
- Click Browse... to select the directory to contain the exported JAR file.
- Click Finish.
The JAR file will be exported to a subdirectory called
plugins. The JAR file itself will be of the form: