Thinking in Enterprise Java
This is the book that has been spawned from some of the more advanced chapters formerly in Thinking in Java. This book isnt a second volume of Thinking in Java, but rather focused coverage of the more advanced topic of enterprise programming. It is currently available (in some form) as a free download from www.BruceEckel.com. Because it is a separate book, it can expand to fit the necessary topics. The goal, like Thinking in Java, is to produce a very understandable introduction to the basics of the enterprise programming technologies so that the reader is prepared for more advanced coverage of those topics.
The list of topics will include, but is not limited to:
- Introduction to Enterprise Programming
- Network Programming with Sockets and Channels
- Remote Method Invocation (RMI)
- Connecting to Databases
- Naming and directory services
- Java Server Pages
- Tags, JSP Fragments and Expression Language
- Automating the creation of user interfaces
- Enterprise Java Beans
- Web Services
You can find the current state of Thinking in Enterprise Java at www.BruceEckel.com.