Moving an lx Branded Zone
This procedure is used to move a zone to a new location
on the same system by changing the zonepath. The zone must be halted. The
new zonepath must be on a local file system. The normal zonepath
criteria described in Resource and Property Types apply.
How to Move a Zone
- Become superuser, or assume the Primary Administrator role.
Roles are described in Using the Solaris Management Tools With RBAC (Task Map) in System Administration Guide: Basic Administration.
- Halt the zone to be moved, db-zone in this procedure.
global# zoneadm -z db-zone halt
- Use the zoneadm command with the move subcommand to move the zone to
a new zonepath, /export/zones/db-zone.
global# zoneadm -z db-zone move /export/zones/db-zone
- Verify the path.
global# zoneadm list -iv
ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP
0 global running / native shared
- lx-zone installed /export/home/lx-zone lx shared
- db-zone installed /export/zones/db-zone lx shared