Moving a Non-Global Zone
This procedure is used to move the zone to a new location
on the same system by changing the zonepath. The zone must be halted. The
new zonepath must be on a local file system. The normal zonepath
criteria described in Resource and Property Types apply.
How to Move a Zone
You must be the global administrator in the global zone to perform
- Become superuser, or assume the Primary Administrator role.
To create the role and assign the role to a user, see
Using the Solaris Management Tools With RBAC (Task Map) in System Administration Guide: Basic Administration.
- Halt the zone to be moved, db-zone in this procedure.
global# zoneadm -z db-zone halt
- Use the zoneadm command with the move subcommand to move the zone to
a new zonepath, /export/zones/db-zone.
global# zoneadm -z db-zone move /export/zones/db-zone
- Verify the path.
ID NAME STATUS PATH BRAND IP
0 global running / native shared
- my-zone installed /export/home/my-zone native shared
- db-zone installed /export/zones/db-zone native shared