The Menu bar is located across the top of the Writer window, just below the Title bar. When you choose one of the menus, a submenu drops down to show commands.
- File contains commands that apply to the entire document such as Open, Save, and Export as PDF.
- Edit contains commands for editing the document such as Undo and Find & Replace.
- View contains commands for controlling the display of the document such as Zoom and Web Layout.
- Insert contains commands for inserting elements into your document such as headers, footers, and pictures.
- Format contains commands for formatting the layout of your document, such as Styles and Formatting, Paragraph, and Bullets and Numbering.
- Table shows all commands to insert and edit a table in a text document.
- Tools contains functions such as Spellcheck, Customize, and Options.
- Window contains commands for the display window.
- Help contains links to the Help file, What’s This?, and information about the program. See