Using the Columns page
Use the Columns page to change the number of columns for the table of contents.
Columns page of the Insert Index/Table dialog box.
Adding multiple columns
To display the table of contents in more than one column:
- Either enter the number of columns desired in the box labeled Columns or select the icon representing the number of columns.
- To evenly distribute the columns according to the page width, check the AutoWidth box. If it is unchecked, you can manually set each of the following by altering the associated spin box:
- Width between each of the columns
- Spacing between each of the columns
- You can choose to have a separator line between the columns:
- Line: The width of the line.
- Height: The height of the line.
- Position: Relative position of the line to the table (top, middle, or bottom) if the height is less than 100%.