Inserting rows and columns
To insert any number of rows or columns:
- Place the cursor in the row or column where you want to add new rows or columns and right-click.
- On the pop-up menu, select Row > Insert or Column > Insert. This will display a dialog box where you can select the number of rows or columns to add, and whether they appear before or after the selected one.
- Set Amount to the number of rows or columns to insert, and Position to Before or After.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
|| Clicking on the Insert Row icon on the Table toolbar inserts one row below the selected one. Clicking on the Insert Column icon on the Table toolbar inserts a column after (to the right of) the selected one.
Regardless of how they are inserted, new rows or columns have the same formatting as the row or column where the cursor was when the insert command was issued.
You can also quickly insert a row or a column using only the keyboard:
- Place the cursor in the row or column next to the row or column you want to insert.
- Use the Alt+Insert keystroke combination to activate keyboard handling.
- Use the arrow keys as desired to add a row or column:
Left to insert a new column to the left of the cell where the cursor is located.
Right to insert a new column to the right of the cell where the cursor is.
Down to insert a new row below the cell where the cursor is.
Up to insert a new row above the cell where the cursor is.
The above keyboard technique can also be used to delete rows or columns by substituting the Alt+Insert keystroke combination in Step 2 with Alt+Delete.