The Picture dialog box consists of eight pages. The Crop page was described
here, while the use of the Type and the Wrap pages is explained in
Positioning graphics within the text. The other pages serve the following purposes:
- Options: use this page to give the picture a descriptive name (as you want it to appear in the Navigator), display alternative text when the mouse hovers over the picture, and protect some of the picture settings from accidental changes. You can also prevent the picture from being printed by deselecting the corresponding option.
- Borders: use this page to create borders around the picture. The Borders dialog box is the same as the one used for defining table or paragraph borders. You can also add a shadow to the image if so desired.
- Background: use this page to change the background color of the picture. This setting produces the desired results only for images with a transparent color.
- Hyperlink: use this page to associate a hyperlink to the picture. you can also create an image map so that only certain areas of the picture respond to a mouse click by opening the associated URI (
Uniform Resource Identifier) in the default browser. More information on image maps can be found in the Impress Guide.
- Picture: use this page to flip the picture as well as to display the original location of the file in case the image is linked rather than embedded.
- Macro: allows you to associate a macro to the picture. You can choose among the predefined macros or write your own.