Creating a template using a wizard
You can use wizards to create Writer templates for letters, faxes, and agendas.
For example, the Fax Wizard steps you through the following choices:
- Type of fax (business or personal)
- Document elements like the date, subject line (business fax), salutation, and complimentary close
- Options for sender and recipient information (business fax)
- Text to include in the footer (business fax)
To create a template using a wizard:
- From the main menu, choose File > Wizards > [ type of template required].
- Follow the instructions on the pages of the wizard. This process is slightly different for each type of template, but the format is similar for all of them.
- In the last section of the wizard, you can specify the name and location for saving the template. The default location is your user templates directory, but you can choose a different location if you prefer.
- Finally, you have the option of creating a new document from your template immediately, or manually changing the template. For future documents, you can re-use the template created by the wizard, just as you would use any other template.
Creating a template using a wizard.