Previewing pages before printing
The normal page view in Writer shows you what each page will look like when printed, but it shows only one page at a time. If you are designing a document to be printed double-sided, you may want to see what facing pages look like. Writer provides two ways to do this:
- View Layout (editable view) —see
Chapter 1 (Introducing Writer).
- Page Preview (read-only view) —from which you can also print multiple pages onto one sheet of paper.
To use Page Preview:
- Click File > Page Preview, or click the Page Preview button
. The Writer window changes to display the current page and the following page, and shows the Page Preview toolbar in place of the Formatting toolbar.
Page Preview toolbar.
- Click the Book Preview icon
to display left and right pages in their correct orientation.
- To print the document in this page view, click the Print page view icon
to open the
Print dialog box. Choose your options and click OK to print as usual.
- To choose margins and other options for the printout, click the Print options page view icon
to display the Print Options dialog box.
Print Options dialog box.