Entering data into a form
Once you have created a form and tied it to a database, you want to use it to enter data into your data source, or modify data already there.
- Make sure that the form is not in design mode. In the Form Controls toolbar, click on the Design Mode On/Off button
. If design mode is off, most of the buttons on the toolbar will be grayed out.
- Make sure that the Form Navigation toolbar is on (View > Toolbars > Form Navigation). This toolbar normally appears at the bottom of the window.
Form Navigation toolbar.
- If there is existing data in the data source, use the control buttons on the Form Navigation toolbar to look at different records. You can amend data in a record by editing the values in the form. To submit the changes, press the Enter key with the cursor in the last field. The record is saved and the next record is displayed.
- If there is no data in the form, you can enter it. To submit the new record, press the Enter key with the cursor in the last field.
- Other functions can be performed from the Form Navigation toolbar, including deleting a record and adding a new record.