Resizing and moving a spreadsheet
When resizing or moving a spreadsheet, ignore the first row and the first column (easily recognizable because of their light gray background) and the horizontal and vertical scroll bars). They are only used for editing purposes and will not be included in the visible area of the spreadsheet on the slide.
To resize the area occupied by the spreadsheet:
- Double-click to enter the edit mode, if it is not already active. Notice the black handles found in the gray border surrounding the spreadsheet.
- Move the mouse over one of the handles. The cursor changes shape to give a visual representation of the effects applied to the area.
- Click and hold the left mouse button and drag the handle. The corner handles resize the two sides forming the corner simultaneously, while the handles in the middle of the sides modify one dimension at a time.
You can move the spreadsheet (change its position within the slide) whether in edit mode or not. In both cases:
- Move the mouse over the border until the cursor changes shape.
- Click and hold the left mouse button and drag the spreadsheet to the desired position.
- Release the mouse button.
When selected but not in edit mode (green handles), the spreadsheet object is treated like any other object, therefore resizing it results in changing the scale rather than the spreadsheet area. This is not recommended, because it may distort the fonts and picture shapes.