To create shapes and lines:
- Select the desired line or shape tool.
- Click and drag to create the object on the slide.
Creating a shape.
When drawing a polygon, keep the Shift key pressed to restrict the angle between the segments to multiples of 45 degrees. To finish drawing a polygon, double-click on the last part of the segment. If a closed polygon was selected, OOo will color the inside area.
When drawing certain shapes, one or more yellow dots are displayed along with the blue resizing handles. These dots perform a different function according to the shape they are applied to. With the basic shapes the yellow dot (or dots) are used for the following purposes:
- Rounded rectangle and Rounded square shapes: use the yellow dot to change the size of the curve replacing the corners.
- Circle Pie: use the two yellow dots to change the size of the filled sector.
- Isosceles triangle: move the yellow dot on one vertex to modify the triangle type.
- Trapezoid, Parallelogram, or Octagon: move the yellow dot to change the angle between the sides.
- Cross: use the yellow dot to change the thickness of the four sides.
- Ring: use the yellow dot to change the internal diameter.
- Block arc: use the yellow dot to change both the internal diameter and the size of the filled area.
- Cylinder and Cube: use the yellow dot to change the perspective.
- Folded corner: use the yellow dot to change the size of the corner.
- Frame: use the yellow dot to change the internal rectangle diagonal.